Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Rochelle Goyle

My boyfriend and I was shopping at the city market called City Gross(gross is short for "grossist", the swedish word for wholesaler) and while he picked some catfood I sneaked away to the toy section, hehe... :3

I had NO plans of buying anything from there, I was just looking around fancying all the pink stuff(yeah, I like pink..).
But then a special shelf caugth my little eye... And it was love in first sight!

Monster High is a new serie of dolls made by Mattel, the producer of Barbie and other pals.
In Sweden they are pretty unknown since it is agains the law here to adverticing for childen, included commercials.
But the price is much higher here... A common doll goes for  more than 35$ and the newer ones(like the Sweet 1600 collection) goes for around 50$ :'c
I hope I will find some cheap shipping costs somewhere on a online store, but I don't think people ship to little Sweden for small sums if you don't buy for like.. 100 $ or so.. Sigh..

And like the title says, the star of the doll shelf in City Gross was totally Rochelle Goyle.
Here she is:



(I DO NOT OWN THESE PICTURES!!)
 You can read more about her here.

Her face is very pretty and a bit feline, but I DON'T like how they combined her beautiful gothic bodystyle with PINK hair and facepaint ;_;
Okay, I know, this is a play doll made for young girls and toys need to have atleast ONE powerful color and I understand Mattels idea of an 415 years old girl who wants to be modern and "chic", but, but... It's uuglyyy... :c

Another thing is that the most doll artists repaint her with the same effing pink and skyblue(that blue you find in her hair), I mean.. Come oon, you are supposed to be proffessional artists, and even if you want to keep the original style, can't you see how theese colours destroyes the dolls beauty?

So, no, I have big plans for this girl. I am going to reroot her, repaint her and giving her a pair of expenssive BJD(Ball Jointed Dolls)-eyes.
She will have a neutral, brown-greyish hair with some streaks of black maybe, cut in a cute page-like shape, no bangs.
Her make-up will be very dark with lots of shaddows and only a liiittle warm pink on her cheaks.
I don't want any focus on the lips, but they should have some nice shaddows aswell, and gloss ofc.
Like I said, I wont paint her eyes.
I will cut out some holes in the vinyl and give her realistic eyes made of polymer(because soft glass is to expensive to use as a first-try).
The eyes will probably be moveable so you can adjust them in different poses.
Because the hair and make-up is very dull I will give her a pair of amazing colored eyes, but no, don't worry, I will keep them somewhat neutral.
Maybe someone of these:

They cost 13.95$ for each pair in size 12 mm, the soft glass eyes goes for 32$...

And ofc, I will rename her when she is done.
Rochelle means "little stone" in French and I want something French to my babe aswell.

I will probably buy Rochelle THIS week, because I got a little more than 28$ from my beloved grandparents last weekend for my names day(it was the Emma-day the 23/7) :3



 



No comments:

Post a Comment