Saturday, March 16, 2013

Maja, the princess of Siamesia

The work of today was done on a doll I bought in Germany on a school travel - Create-a-Monster Pink Cat.
She has the cutest headmold with tiiiiny little cat-nose and muzzle, but I was really worried about how I should paint her since I've seen really bad examples there people have painted the muzzles white and it turned out to look like facial hair :x
Other artists just painted the lips, eyes and nose without any harder shading.

I want to work with the headmolds, since they are the biggest reason of why I'm so much in love with Monster High, and since no one had tried to go farther with this one I had to do it myself.
Already from the start in Germany, I knew that this kitty was going to be a very feminine lady with bows and pearls, a true feline princess, and of course she have to have a nice pedigree.
I chose the Siamese breed since it's very easy to recognize with a dark masking, deep blue squinting eyes and big pointy ears, and the slender Monster High-body fits it perfectly.

The "problem" was that to make a true-colored Siamese, I had to start with a whiteish doll, mine was pink, so I changed the color-chart a bit.
There actually is a color variant of Siamese cats that is called "lilac", and if you imagine that we turned up the saturation of that cat, maybe we would get one like mine.

Here we go, a purple masked Siamese!

I've only worked with dry pastels(in the colors of dark rose-pink, dark redish purple and black)  and Mr. Super Clear in this photo.
I'm not sure about her lipcolor yet, black feels safe, but not so very royal and red would just look wrong.
I will continue when my... zoom-thing... *google translate* Magnifier(!) arrive, I bought it yesterday and hopefully it will come next week.
Tomorrow I'm going to train on my sewing machine, because this girls clothingstyle craving advanced sewingskills.

Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment