Saturday, March 16, 2013

The love

I took some time to re-read my blog, since it was a VERY long time ago(Jesus, I've got six more dolls, SIX) and the posts really made me smile!
In the beginning of my doll-hobby I was sooo excited and every new tool was a step closer to get that perfect little hand-made beauty to photograph and share.
I imagined a whole story about each doll and created a own little Monster High-world.
I think you can see in the way I write now that I'm more relaxed about customization today, it's not that I don't like it anymore, but I'm not that ecstatic anymore.
Today I'm not interested in selling my dolls, instead I want to make my own masterpieces that makes me proud of myself.
The dolls I paint and style are artworks, they have a bit of my soul in their looks.
IF i'm going to sell a doll, it would be an ordered doll made for a customer, because I paint dolls for myself and I, for my love of art and Monster High.

I found out the hard way that miniature sewing is maddafakking hard, so, all my outfit-dreams have remained dreams.
The fun thing is that I have stocked up on "useful" fabrics at the same time, so I have lots and lots of fabric waiting... I really should be more patient and train more, but I'm damn good at giving up.

This was my very first face repaint of Lovis, I thought a long time that I was satisfied with what I gave her.
But after months of ignoring her, even if she was practically done and just needed some clothes before selling her,  I realized that I KNEW deep inside myself that I've got the power to paint her a better face than that.
So, now it's wiped away with acetone.
But in the end, I'm happy that it went that way, because now I have a more clear goal for myself.
I know what I have to do to improve as an artist, and this is not that(bad english :s).

Kisses from your Flavour!

No comments:

Post a Comment